Need help paying for school?
Not just a scholarship.
It's a head start for college!
Chat with our member
IHMVCU Cash for Class Scholarship
IHMVCU offers $30,000 in scholarships to local undergraduate, graduate and vocational/technical school students who stand out in the classroom and stand up in their communities. Since 1999, IHMVCU has invested nearly $370,000 in scholarships for 300 students.
Scholarship applications are closed for the season. We'll begin accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year on January 1, 2023.
To be eligible*, all applicants must:
- Be a member by the application deadline
- Be a graduating high school senior or a current college student
- Be enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school
- Provide 2 references
- Complete the online application and essay/video
- Submit all materials by 5 p.m. on the application deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances
- Essays may be submitted in the form of a 500-word essay or 2-minute video on the topic below
2022 Essay Topic: You are writing your autobiography. Tell us what page 75 says about you and your experiences.
*IHMVCU employees are not eligible. Recipients of the IHMVCU Scholarship are eligible to re-apply annually. Applications must be completed each year and submitted to the scholarship committee via the online application.
Please note: Paper applications and recommendations will not be accepted.
Scholarships are awarded as such:
- $10,000: 1 scholarship
- $5,000: 2 scholarships
- $1,000: 10 scholarships**
**$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to members with the highest overall application score in each community.
- Three $1,000 winners in the Quad Cities.
- Four $1,000 winners in DeWitt, Galesburg, Kewanee, and Des Moines.
- One $1,000 award to a student attending Carl Sandburg College.
- One $1,000 award to a student/employee of the Boys and Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley.
- One $1,000 award for the family member of an IHMVCU employee+.
If any community does not have a worthy applicant, no scholarship will be awarded.
IHMVCU has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the award of the scholarships.
+IHMVCU Family refers to spouses, children, and grandchildren of IHMVCU employees and board of directors.
2022 Cash for Class Recipients:
Silas Hoffman: $10,000 winner
Mya Petersen: $5,000 winner
Kaelyn Causemaker: $5,000 winner
Kendal Bennison: $1,000 winner
Bianca Brown: $1,000 winner
Aislinn Geedey: $1,000 winner
Madalynn Jones: $1,000 winner
Madison Knutsen: $1,000 winner
Keegan Miller: $1,000 winner
Grace Pender: $1,000 winner
Tyson Schulte: $1,000 winner
Adam Terstriep: $1,000 winner
Rylee Warpehoski: $1,000 winner
Warren A. Marrow Memorial Scholarship
Open to any IHMVCU member classified as a high school senior planning to enter college in 2022.
Non-traditional/continuing education students:
Open to any IHMVCU member attending or planning to attend an accredited undergraduate or vocational program in 2022.
The application deadline is February 4, 2022.
Illinois Quad City Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarships
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to anyone belonging to a participating Illinois credit union. As an active participant of this association, IHMVCU members qualify to participate in this scholarship program.
Filing deadline for the ILQCCCU Scholarship is February 15, 2022.